Content Marketing Manager
Lexoo is one of Europe’s leading legal technology companies. We are revolutionising the legal market by helping enterprise businesses quickly connect with our global network of world class lawyers.
We’re based in the heart of London’s Tech City, right by the “Silicon Roundabout” at Old Street in our own offices (including comfy couches, stocked fridge and rooftop terrace!).
Our clients include exciting and disruptive brands like Monzo, innovative multinationals like Foot Locker and established corporates like UBS.
We are funded by top investors such as Earlybird, Forward Partners, 500 Startups and the London Co-Investment Fund. We’ve been ranked in the Top 100 startups for 3 years running and we've had some great recent press coverage whilst experiencing rapid growth. We recently won a Financial Times Innovative Lawyers Award and we’re only just getting started.
Having raised a Series A investment round in August, we are scaling up our successful Marketing team to reach more amazing clients.
Who we’re looking for
We’re looking for a confident Content Manager / Marketer to join us and become an invaluable member of our Marketing team, helping us tell our story to the legal world.
You’ll own the editorial calendar and generate all types of content, from thought leadership content and white papers to product blog posts, as well as working with our Business Development team on sales enablement materials.
You’ll also collaborate with the Marketing team on distribution strategies and techniques, to generate and nurture leads and subscribers.
About the role
- Creating content! You will be instrumental in creating and curating early, mid, and late stage content, in a variety of forms and styles. As well as potentially working with different types of content like webinars, video, infographics, and white papers
- You’ll be joining a relatively small team, right before we kick-start our growth post-Series A, so there’s more room than in many startups to take a lot of responsibility
- Working cross-functionally within Lexoo to help to deliver an effective content marketing strategy and editorial plan to meet the business objectives
- Developing a strategy for publishing and distributing new content, and recycling existing content, with the help of Lexoo’s Marketing team and in-house legal brains
- Working with other teams to help define messaging for features and product updates, and write content and press releases
- Working with the marketing team on our content styles, visual design, voice and tone, and developing editorial governance so content is consistent with our brand voice, style and tone
- Working with the marketing team to continually analyse content types for performance and attribution contribution, to help us prioritise areas where new content is needed and what types of content is performing well
- Working with the marketing team to do a variety of SEO tasks, including keyword research and site auditing
The Ideal Profile
- Is excited about working in a high growth startup where you can go “all in” and really feel ownership for what you’re doing
- Enjoys creating content, and has a brand publisher mindset, i.e. can create the content our audience is looking for and then optimize the path to conversion
- Has basic knowledge about SEO and/or writing online content (don’t worry, we can help you learn more about SEO in-house), as well as content categorisation and structure, content development, distribution and measurement
- is kind-hearted – as a team, we have many things we want to get better at, but one thing we’ve done really well is to create a welcoming work culture where everyone can truly be themselves and have fun while we work. We got there by enforcing a strict no-jerk policy!
When it comes to experience we always hire raw ability over skills. We believe ambitious smart people can pick most things up very quickly, but will keep growing. Although if you happen to have any of the following skills, it’s a bonus:
- a few years experience in a content role
- experience of SEO/keyword research/auditing
- experience with any CMS platform
- experience using analytics and attribution tools (like Mixpanel) to make data-driven decisions and be comfortable diving into the data to figure out which content is performing well, and why
- You’ll also need to have the necessary permissions to work in the UK
- legal experience would be a bonus, but is certainly not a necessity
We offer a variety of benefits and perks to empower you to do your best work, and to invest in your professional development and well-being.
- Competitive salary
- Top notch coffee
- Plenty of snacks and drinks
- Access to on-site gym
- Dog-friendly office
- Friday team drinks
- Monthly in-office massage
- Monthly personal development budget to spend on online courses or events
- We’ll provide you with all the tech you need
- Access to the Lexoo Library
- If there are work-relevant books you want to read, we’ll buy it for you and then add to the Lexoo Library
- Regular team socials and activities
- Pension scheme
- Annual offsite trip
What we offer:
The chance to join a growing company at a very exciting stage. The need for our product is validated and we have built a great team around product, operations, and sales. You have the opportunity to really make a difference and scale our growth. This is not a typical company and not a typical job, it might be exactly what you’re looking for!