Graduate Sales Development Representative
Lexoo is one of Europe’s leading legal technology companies. We are revolutionising the legal market by helping enterprise businesses quickly connect with our global network of world class lawyers.
Our clients include exciting, and disruptive brands like Monzo, Secret Escapes, TransferWise, Babylon, Vice Media, and more. We’re based in our own brand new riverside office (complete with comfy couches, a stocked fridge and snack cupboard and rooftop terrace).
We're backed by some of Europe’s top VC investors and we’re growing quickly. Having raised a Series A investment round in September 2019, we are scaling up across the company to reach more amazing clients.
This position offers a unique opportunity for those interested in starting a business development career at Lexoo, with a view to progressing to a client facing position if successful in this role.
What you’ll be responsible for?
• Acquisition: You will build and manage our pipeline of leads, opportunities and accounts, reach out to existing and prospective clients and line up meetings with decision makers (typically General Counsel or Heads of Legal) at enterprise businesses. This includes using some of our tech tools to contact and keep track of our target clients and create opportunities for the team to pitch our service.
• Qualification: You will also qualify inbound leads by analysing their profile and business. You'll be heavily involved in our go-to-market strategy.
• Meeting support: You will have lots of opportunities to attend client meetings and to support the business development team in preparation for these meetings.
You will ensure that the first stage of Lexoo’s business development process is operating effectively. In this position, you will often have the first contact with our clients, which makes this one of the most important roles in the client acquisition process.
- Educated to degree level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Success - you have a verifiable track record of success during your studies and outside interests.
- Drive - a strong desire to achieve great results in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- Curiosity - a hunger to learn about our clients and about business development and marketing strategy.
- Team spirit - you are a team player who is dedicated to the success of the group.
- Organisation - a natural ability to keep on top of several processes.
- Personality - we look for smart, outgoing and fun people that we want to spend our time with!
When it comes to experience we always hire raw ability over skills. We believe ambition, smart people can pick things up very quickly, and keep growing. But ideally you might have one or more of the following:
- a law degree or legal work experience, especially with in-house legal teams.
- experience in a fast-paced environment where you’ve needed to be a self-starter.
- experience selling or building professional relationships.
You’ll also need to have the necessary permissions to work in the UK.
We offer competitive benefits and perks, with the goal to empower you to do your best work and invest in your professional development and well-being.
- Competitive base salary plus performance bonus
- Pension scheme
- We’ll provide a MacBook and the accessories you need to be effective
- Monthly in-office massage
- Monthly personal development stipend to spend on online courses to learn new skills
- Lexoo Library - If there is ever a work-relevant book you want to read, Lexoo will buy it for you to read and then add it to our Library
- We stock the office with Ozone coffee and plenty of snacks to keep you fuelled
- Regular team socials and activities
- Friday team drinks
- Dog-friendly office
- Annual offsite